Sunday 8 May 2011

Everyone's doing it...!

The day of rest, Sunday. I'd been working my fingers to the bone, wiping off the ink from the keyboard, the fourth one thus far, of my trusted iMac. All manner of tasks set before me for the week dutifully addressed and managed. It's a cool ride to see the formation and taking shape of the company, it does mean long nights, aching eye sockets from the constant glare of the screens and of course the copious amounts of coffee.

So today I strode out to the beach, like is there anything else? The wife and hound in tow to get some air and salt from the Kuta region blasted into our scalps. I guess its similar to when you buy a new car, especially of a specific color. Before having that car how many of that future car and color of that car did you notice on your daily transport schedule? Not many I guess. So how about once you're sat in that new car of the specific color? It seems like every second car is the same, right? Same with this issue right now. We're setting up the small Ocean sportswear brand and now seeing as I am more involved with the whole surf aesthetic it seems like I notice how many people are surfing. It seems everyone and their uncle are hitting the waves.

Grandmothers, toddlers, teenagers and their fathers, hip dudes and sexy chicks were all present this morning at some time or another during the two hour stroll. I don't know about you but I can count around 9 surf boards in the picture above, taken during that stroll, and this was only the image to the front of me, the same behind and more people in the water.

It's great to see so many people connecting with the Ocean, proving it's never too late to learn.

Cheers,
Mark.
liquidmocean

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a posting from the ramblings of a waterlogged mind that is the liquidmocean Blog. Reflections from setting up and running a small brand business, dealing with professional and personal life in Indonesia mixed with the added adrenalin of surf photography. Feel free to leave comments, much appreciate the feedback. Cheers, Mark.