Thursday 12 May 2011

Tunnel Vision.

I had to laugh. It was recently suggested that I am fanatically tunnel visioned when it comes to the marketing of liquidmocean. My dogged 16 hour computer days, staying in touch with the social media platforms, scouring for opportunities to get the name out there without taking on any kind of spammy attitude is difficult. It's all down to hard graft, no saying could be farther from the truth than; "You only get out from it the results reflective of the effort you put into it". To that end I guess yes, you could suggest that I walk around with cardboard toilet rolls stuck to my eyelids!

The goal of many surfers for example is the pinnacle experience of 'getting shacked' or being inside the barrel of a wave as it rolls it's energy over a reef or sand bar. I've personally never experienced it, I'm not that mad, but the elation I hear each time I see someone achieve that is infectious. Not just from the surfer but just about anyone within sight of the surfer. Yelps, salutes and celebratory profanities abound. Quite rightly so, the act of taking on nature, and in this instance, winning, albeit for a split second in time, must feel pretty bloody mental to say the least.

And so it is with such determination that I look to promote, run and guide liquidmocean, in a fun, personable and approachable way. My goal is to be enveloped, in as much the same way as the tube rider, with the social support of you, our followers, by those of you that share the passion for the Ocean, as liquidmocean is after all intended to celebrate the unity of an Ocean fraternity.....hope to sea you there!

The image above was taken on the Serangen Reef Break in Bali using a Canon EOS 500D fitted with a Canon 60mm f2.8 Macro lens. The rig was housed in a Liquid Eye surf housing made here in Bali. The surfer in the Tube is 'Tuzi' a local surfer and buddy of mine.

Cheers, check back tomorrow for more accounts of Ocean devotion.
Mark
liquidmocean

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a posting from the ramblings of a waterlogged mind that is the liquidmocean Blog. Reflections from setting up and running a small brand business, dealing with professional and personal life in Indonesia mixed with the added adrenalin of surf photography. Feel free to leave comments, much appreciate the feedback. Cheers, Mark.