Friday 6 May 2011

Things I Sea....

So I tend to float around the Ocean waiting for waves to form. My sponsorship of a local surf rider here in Bali means I get to spend about two to three mornings a week in the wet stuff trying to get images of him that could then be used for promotional media for the company. It's great fun on days when there are cool waves, high waves (but not too high) when a barrel forms and you can get inside, inspiring photography of that genre depicts a sport of adrenalin and action. And then between the set waves you have the lulls. It's during these times that I have time to think.

There's nothing I like more than the feeling of awe when in the company of big waves, not on the scale of Hawaiian breaks or anything like that but in my short experience within wave photography, those moments when an amount of water stands up that just seems so inconceivable is just an amazing thing to see. The power, the raw ferocity of it is just stunning. Equally though I get the same fascination when watching small waves, even ripples. With crashing towers of water there is the power, with these smaller waves there are the shapes, the crests and the droplets. I like to see them as wild Ocean stallions with Manes comprised of silver linings, their galloping to the shores only to slow at the reefs and sandbars of the World.

In a World gone mad, it's nice to dream...

Cheers,
Mark
liquidmocean

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a posting from the ramblings of a waterlogged mind that is the liquidmocean Blog. Reflections from setting up and running a small brand business, dealing with professional and personal life in Indonesia mixed with the added adrenalin of surf photography. Feel free to leave comments, much appreciate the feedback. Cheers, Mark.