Monday 23 May 2011

A Liquid Caress.

Some things go hand in hand as being the norm. Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bananas and Strawberry Yogurt (or is that just me?), the Sunday crossword puzzle, ticks on my dog and the role the Ocean plays in our lives. Each for our own reasons we decide our comfort level with the watery medium and set about our adventures within, on and around its magnetic embrace. Personally I've been snapping the Ocean for a number of years with only recently taking to the water for the surf photography. Apart from keeping me in shape it is hugely satisfying, the buzz when dueling with waves, the constant evaluating of a situation; "Am I in the right spot"? "Oh crap, here we go again" normally followed by a deep breath and a rag doll ride through what can only be termed as 'Madam Aqua's' spin cycle.

Sharing more and more imagery of the Ocean I've been approached on an increasing number of occasions with the suggestion that I should exhibit some of my work. I must also divulge that I also shoot liquids in all guises. The catalyst for everything imaging with me has always been the Ocean. Witnessing its sublime motion, its nuances in retaliation to energies meted upon it has always fascinated me. So I took that to a level where I could study liquid elements at a more manageable level.

Starting with simple water droplet photography I would sit for hours snapping dripping taps (faucets for our north American buddies) and splashes. This then led to the acquisition of laser timing devices that I could program to create water droplet collisions and such forth. Playing with detergents and naturally occurring elements also allowed me to further investigate the World of liquid art. Some of these images can be seen at my imaging site: Poetry in Mocean

What started as a deep fascination with the Ocean has now triggered the desire to show my work to a larger audience. It may take a while to organize everything but the idea is to create an exhibition of imagery that will be displayed here in Bali, I have yet to decide a name for the exhibition but it will, no doubt, be once again inspired by the liquid characteristics of the Ocean. More information will be posted on the progress of this as and when it becomes available.

This image was shot with a Canon EOS500D with a 17-85mm lens at 17mm (yeah, close) all stuffed into a Liquid Eye surf housing.

Cheers,
Mark
liquidmocean

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a posting from the ramblings of a waterlogged mind that is the liquidmocean Blog. Reflections from setting up and running a small brand business, dealing with professional and personal life in Indonesia mixed with the added adrenalin of surf photography. Feel free to leave comments, much appreciate the feedback. Cheers, Mark.